- To be prepared with a disaster recovery plan in case of a crisis. In today’s technology arena, you have the ability to have different mediums that can be brought into your organization’s data room. Whether it’s coax, T1, Fiber or wireless, today all types can connect together to provide a redundant solution for your business and minimize down time.
- To increase security with firewall protection. Having an up-to-date firewall in place can assist with securing pertinent data information. When was the last time you had a security expert evaluate your firewall settings? It’s important to stay current and, if you have compliance within your industry, up-to-date with your regulations and protect your clients’ information.
- To see how your phone system can impact your disaster recovery plan. What happens when you lose power or have network outage? How does this impact your ability to do business? With the advent of technology, calls can be answered in a voicemail off site or, in the cloud, calls can be rerouted immediately. No longer will you and your clients “wait for service to be restored”.
- To see what is causing issues on the Internet. Having the knowledge available to make infrastructure decisions that impact your business quickly is vital. Network Monitoring can produce a detailed view of your network. With so many applications being cloud based, it is just going to get more complicated if you don’t have a way to measure the “health” of your network.
- To have the important data backed up off site. 78% of all tape backups are said to fail when the client is trying to recover data. It might make sense to look at putting your servers in a data center. A data center not only can provide successful backups all the time, but can bundle refreshing your servers, provide redundant Internet access to your users, and provide package that makes sure you are on the most recent OS and Google apps or MS office suite of software.
- To create a unified communication system. Syncing apps, like email and hosted VoIP, with enhance employee productivity.
Share this Post