How much can a quality of service issue that entails an application or website not performing well cost your business? What is the true impact network performance has on customer perception and your company's bottom line?
- For 25% of companies surveyed, a single hour of a network outage cost the business between $100,000 and $500,000.
- Another 29% report the cost of downtime to be between $75,000 and $100,000.
- One technology company estimated its cost “per downtime incident” at between $750,000 and $1,500,000 and was experiencing between ten and fifteen of these “incidents” per year.
- Data Centers are obviously at a greater risk - The following are figures that represent the average cost of a single network failure within 41 data centers that were surveyed:
- Business Disruption – $179,827
- Lost Revenue – $118,080
- End-User Productivity Loss – $96,226
- IT Productivity Loss – $42,530
- Detection – $22,347