The as-a-Service model is revolutionizing how we do business. It’s giving businesses of all sizes access to enterprise-level services at scale, leveling the playing field and allowing competition to be based on what you produce, not what hardware you can afford. Disaster Recovery has been one of those expenses that many felt they just couldn’t afford, to their own detriment. Now, with Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service, or DRaaS, delivering business continuity from the cloud, there are no excuses for not having a Disaster Recovery Plan in place. If protecting your business’ future isn’t a strong enough argument, check out these three lesser known benefits.
DRaaS allows easy upgrades
When upgrading your applications and software, there is generally a need to have “planned downtime” at low traffic hours. This means off hours for your IT teams as well. In today’s always-on economy, there is a very low tolerance for any downtime, regardless of it being planned for. With DRaaS, you can failover your production environment to your cloud provider and perform the refresh or upgrade from there. Then, instead of replicating to the cloud, shift replication from the cloud to your production data center and perform a ‘failback’. Best of all, all of this can be done during work hours and the business won’t skip a beat!
DRaaS is more secure than a backup
Backup is critical, don’t get me wrong. If your data is lost or compromised, your backup allows you to access the most recent version of it. However, there are a few issues that need to be thought through with this approach:
- If mission-critical applications are lost, then those backups won’t do much good. Your team is responsible for investing the time and the money into getting your systems back up.
- The DRaaS model moves your entire infrastructure to the cloud. Your RPO and RTO are constantly assessed, and your process is constantly tested.
- A true disaster recovery process can also help your business meet more aggressive data protection regulations and gives you access to cutting edge security technologies.
- DRaaS can significantly reduce costs over Premise-based DR
- DRaaS can be deployed within hours or days (depending on the number of servers) as compared to the weeks or months it can take to build a secondary disaster recovery site. And by reducing complexity and simplifying the DR solution with a single provider, businesses and their IT groups save a tremendous amount of time—when compared to managing their own DR site.
Corporate Technologies Group can ensure you’re ready in the event of disaster.
At Corporate Technologies Group, we are Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity experts. There’s no excuse to not have a thorough and updated Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Plan. DRaaS (Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service) makes it easier than ever to execute. Contact the backup and recovery experts at Corporate Technologies Group today to have your plan assessed to truly meet your organizations needs.