What is Co-Managed IT?
In short, co-managed IT is a way for growing companies to get the helping hands, specialized expertise and IT management and automation tools they need WITHOUT the cost and difficulty of finding, managing and retaining a large IT staff OR investing in expensive software tools.
This is NOT about taking over your IT leader’s job or replacing your IT department. It’s also NOT a one-off project-based relationship where an IT company would limit their support to an “event” (although we can help you with projects).
It IS a flexible partnership to help you get superior IT support and services at a much lower cost. Here are just a few of the reasons why CEOs of similar-sized companies are moving to a co-managed approach:
- We don’t replace your IT staff; we make them BETTER. By filling in the gaps and assisting them, giving them best-in-class tools and training, and freeing them to be more proactive and strategic, we make them FAR more productive for you. As an added bonus, THEY won’t get burned out, frustrated and leave.
- You don’t have to add to your head count. Let’s face it: overhead walks on two legs. Plus, finding, hiring and retaining TOP talent is brutally difficult. With co-managed IT, you don’t have the cost, overhead or risk of a big IT team and department. We don’t take vacations or sick leave. You won’t lose us to maternity leave, an illness or because we have to relocate with our spouse or found a better job.
- Your IT team gets instant access to the same powerful IT automation and management tools we use to make them more efficient. These tools will enable them to prioritize and resolve your employees’ problems faster, improve communication and make your IT department FAR more effective and efficient. These are software tools your company could not reasonably afford on its own, but they are included with our co-managed IT program.
- “9-1-1” on-site. In the unexpected event your IT leader was unable to perform their job OR if a disaster were to strike, we could instantly provide support to prevent the wheels from falling off.
- You get a TEAM of smart, experienced IT pros. No one IT person can know it all. Because you’re a co-managed IT client, your IT lead will have access to a deep bench of expertise to figure out the best solution to a problem, to get advice on a situation or error they’ve never encountered before and to help decide what technologies are most appropriate for you (without your having to do the work of investigating them ALL).
- You’ll stop worrying (or worry less!) about falling victim to a major cyber-attack, outage or data-erasing event. We can assist your IT leader in implementing next-gen cyber security protections to prevent or significantly mitigate the damages of a ransomware attack or security breach. We can also assist in providing end-user awareness training and help you initiate controls to prevent employees from doing things that would compromise the security and integrity of your network and data.
- We provide your IT leader and team free training. We offer training for our co-managed IT clients so they’re more informed on critical topics such as cyber security, disaster recovery, compliance regulations, best practices and more.
- NO LONG-TERM CONTRACTS. We’re a flexible workforce you can expand and contract as needed.
What is SD-WAN?
We Help You Execute Your SD-WAN Migration
If not done well, the transition can be painful. For that reason, it is important to plan and execute the whole migration process properly, in order to benefit from the SD-WAN advantages, such as cost reduction, better performance, and increased security. Corporate Technologies Group knows SD WAN and can help you migrate to this solution by doing any of the three options below:
- Step Out (Most Common Migration to SD WAN Solution): You need to start by prioritizing your remote sites and figure out how crucial they are for your whole operation. Then you can start migrating with the sites that are less crucial, this way allows your provider and your technicians to solve any problems if they appear and be better prepared once they set out to incorporate more crucial sites into the system. Once less crucial sites are up and running, you can move important tasks to these sites, while your primary locations are going through migration. This way, your operation does not have to cease at any point.
- Augmentation: The flexibility of SDWAN is what draws most enterprises. Therefore, it is a big benefit that you should consider taking advantage of is being able to efficiently utilize both public and private network services. This will bring you reduced WAN costs, simplified management of traffic and devices, better security, and improved visibility. Moreover, a Hybrid SDWAN will allow traffic to flow seamlessly between different links without loss in quality. If one line experiences jitter, latency, or packet loss, another line can take over and meet the agreed SLA.
- Rip & Replace: Leased MPLS lines can be quite expensive. Some sites are more crucial than others, so you may have 2 MPLS lines to prevent jitter and packet loss. When transitioning to SD-WAN, if there is a remote site that is not so high on your critical list, you should consider replacing those MPLS lines with cheaper options. A SD-WAN based solution and a couple of cheap broadband links will give you an equal amount of security but will decrease cost by a large margin. However, another thing to consider here is that broadband options vary from site to site and that in some places the option of multiple carriers does not exist.
Firewall (Premise and Cloud)
Your business shouldn’t have to choose between network security and technology infrastructure. CTG offers both premise and cloud-based firewall protection that ensures you are protected against network attacks and threats without compromising your network’s performance. We provide firewall solutions that deliver unparalleled security effectiveness. This protection extends across your entire business network, saving you time and money all within one intuitive firewall system. With CTG,we can help you evaluate which type of firewall is best for your company. CTG firewall solutions allows our clients to monitor usage patterns and immediately identify security threats, ensuring that you always know what’s happening with your network.
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
Do you have a variety of users on your network that require different levels of access and security based on their role or status in your organization? Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) from CTG allows you to run user desktops inside a virtual machine that lives on a server on site or in a data center. This allows for fully personalized desktops for each user depending on their role in your company, but with a simplified and secure centralized management.The VDI solution from CTG enables organizations to centrally manage the desktops you support, ensuring that all security software and patches are up to date. And since all the data is stored on a server in a secure data center, a stolen or misplaced laptop doesn’t pose any risk to your data. VDI also gives your end-users mobility and the freedom to access virtual desktops anytime, from anywhere, on any device. Rather than fighting with employees who want to use their own laptops or tablets, the BYOD dilemma is solved with the Anywhere/Anytime access that VDI allows.
Infrastructure-as-a-Service solutions from CTG allow you to stop worrying about your IT infrastructure and hardware and focus your time on more important things like running your business. IaaS is a cost-effective, scalable way to reduce the burden on your IT team and easily manage your IT hardware needs. Our cloud experts work with you to create an IaaS solution that reduces infrastructure costs while providing scalability and agility. In doing so, we help our customers improve network uptime, ensure adequate disaster recovery and business continuity options and enjoy the highest levels of security and compliance.